When Debbie missed a day of kindergarten because she was sick, she cried so hard because she didn’t want to miss fingerpainting. Her next opportunity to paint didn’t happen until decades later, when she picked up a paintbrush for the first time in 1998. And she hasn’t put it down since!
In September 2001, Debbie decided that life was too short, so she took a leap of faith and quit her NYC corporate job, and threw herself into her newfound passion. She started with a successful gift shop/art studio “Something Different”, in Bellport, New York, where she sold handpainted items, made gift baskets, and gave art lessons and painting parties. Her faux finishing clientele grew rapidly, so she gave up the shop to further grow that segment of her business.
Debbie feels so blessed that she was able to develop her hobby over the years into a thriving decorative painting business, enabling her to leave the corporate rat race behind her forever. Whenever the opportunity presents itself, Debbie is happy to give back to her community by sharing her talents with those who need it most. Her passion for painting continues to evolve; Debbie has created collections of abstract canvas paintings, and individually painted silk scarves to add to her repertoire.
In an effort to keep her portfolio current, and create unique wall and cabinet finishes that she has become known for, Debbie continues to study with internationally and locally renowned artisans and schools. Among them are: The Finishing School; Mirage Studios; Royal Design Studios; The Stevenson Academy of Fine Arts; Long Island Academy of Fine Art; International Decorative Artisans League Conventions; Annual Faux Expos and Faux Events. Some of the artists that have mentored Debbie are William Cochran, Sean Crosby, Pascal Amblard, Pierre Finkelstein, Nicola Vigini, Patrick Kerwin, the late Attila Heja, Thomas Lynch, Ros Stallcup, Donna Parella, Donna Dewberry, Joseph Perez, and Howard Rose.
- American Society of Interior Design
- Interior Design Society
- Massapequa Chamber of Commerce
- International Decorative Artisans League
- Painting and Decorating Contractors of America
- Ritz-Carlton – Central Park, NY
- Ocean Club, Long Beach, NY
- Corner Galley, Massapequa, NY
- Verdi’s of Westbury (Tosca Room)
- The Malcolm House (Historic Show House)
- Kathy and Richard Hilton (Hamptons)
- Long Island Commercial Bank (Hauppauge)
- A Taste of Home Bakery (North Bellmore)
- Super Suppers (Bethpage, W Islip & Nesconset)
- JAD/JB Diamonds (Dix Hills)
- Vincent Bruce Salon (Dix Hills)
- Caprico Spa (Bethpage)
- The Curtain Store (Massapequa)
- Sandalwood Day Spa (Massapequa)
- Alure Home Improvements (East Meadow)
- Technicolor Salon (Rockville Centre)
- Carmela’s Restaurant (Massapequa)
Designer Show Houses
- The Malcolm House, 2005
- Holiday House Hamptons, 2013
- Cedar Knolls at Laurel Hollow, 2013
- Guggenheim Estate Design Showhouse, 2014